As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Carrot Halwa Ladoos are easy to make, ready in record time, (Low-Calorie Gajar Halwa Ladoo) not overly sweet, have a lot of flavor, and are a favorite in Indian households.
Gajar Halwa Ladoo is a traditional Indian sweet dish made of grated carrots cooked in ghee, sugar, and milk and then combined with dry fruits and other ingredients to form small round balls.
It is a very popular and delicious dessert that is enjoyed throughout India. I think it’s a delicious and unique dessert that can be enjoyed at any time throughout the year.
Low Calorie Gajar Halwa Ladoo (Carrot Truffles)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 40 depending on size 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Indian
These carrot halwa ladoos are easy to make, ready in record time, are not overly sweet, and pack a punch of flavor.
- 3 cups carrots grated
- 1 Tbspn ghee/butter
- 3 Tbspn low-fat milk
- 2 Tbspn sugar
- 2 Tbspn raisin (or any dried fruit)
- 2 Tbspn toasted slivered almonds crushed
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp all spice/ cinnamon/ nutmeg
- Toasted desiccated coconut for rolling
- Place grated carrot in a heavy-based pan on medium heat and allow to simmer until all the moisture has evaporated.
- Add the sugar, milk, and ghee and allow carrots to cook until it starts clumping together, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat off and add the raisins, spices, and toasted almonds.
- When cooled down completely take a tablespoonful and roll it into balls and roll it in toasted coconut.
- NB: You could allow the mixture to cool down in the fridge before forming them into balls, I found it easy enough to form the balls when cooled.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Preshana from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 2 balls
- Calories: 86
- Sugar: 7.3 g
- Sodium: 18.4 mg
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 1.1 mg
Keywords: Carrot, Ladoo
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.