As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you ever tried cantaloupe in and on a cake? If not, then do yourself a favor and try this Gluten and Sugar-Free Cantaloupe Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light olive oil
- 2 cups xylitol (sugar replacement of your choice)
- 2 ½ cups cantaloupe puree (blended)
- 3 cups gluten-free flour (I make my own blend***)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp fine cinnamon
- ½ tsp fine ginger
- Blend together eggs, olive oil, sugar, cantaloupe
- Sift in the flour ***, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger
- Bake at 180 for approximately 1 hour or till brown and firm
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup xylitol (sugar replacement of your choice)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large stick cinnamon
- 1 tsp fine cinnamon
- 1 cup cantaloupe pieces
- ½ cup cream
- Boil together all the ingredients until thick and reduced.
- Remove stick cinnamon and mash fruit (as fine as you like)
- Return to the stove and once bubbling add cream
- Boil till you get a sticky-like consistency.
- Cool for 5 mins and then pour it over the cake.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins before serving.
Caashifa’s Gluten-Free Flour Blend***
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup nut/seed flour of your choice (I usually use almond)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 3.5 tsp xantham gum
Sift all the flours together 3 times and store the flour in an airtight container in the fridge.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Caashifa Adams Young