Looking for a delicious, Gluten-Free Carrot Zucchini Green Peppers dish? Our Carrot Zucchini Green Pepper side dish is just what you need! Bursting with vibrant colors and flavors, it’s as nutritious as it is delicious. We’ve kept it gluten-free and suitable for both vegans and vegetarians. So why wait? Give your meals a healthy, tasty twist with this delightful dish.
Delicious Tasty Gluten-Free Carrot Zucchini Green Peppers
Spice up your meals with our Gluten-Free Carrot Zucchini Green Peppers! Perfectly seasoned and packed full of flavor, these veggies are sure to be a hit with the whole family. Enjoy them as a side. Eating healthy has never tasted so good.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Soak, Dry off Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings depending on size 1x
- Category: Vegan Recipes
- Method: Easy
- 3 green peppers
- 1 brown mushroom (or white)
- ±1/2 Small zucchini
- 1/4 Small piece of carrot (I used what I had left)
- 1 medium potato
- 2 green spring onions
- ±1/4 cup sharp grated cheddar cheese (you can also use vegan cheese if you prefer)
- 2 eggs (if vegan, substitute with ± 1/4 cup GF Flour)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3 tbsp coarse dry breadcrumbs
- Grate all ingredients separately.
- Add grated potatoes to a bowl of water for 5-10 minutes. Drain and remove excess water.
- In a large bowl mix the zucchini (make sure to remove excess liquid), carrot, cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Wash and cut off the top of the pepper and discard and clean out the inside of the pepper. Remove the seeds and the ribs as best as possible.
- Divide the veggie mixture into roughly six portions, then fill half of each pepper, and set aside. Now you used half the mixture.
- Chop the mushroom in small pieces as well as the spring onion (I use the leaves as well) and sauté in a pan with butter until slightly soft.
- Divide this mixture into three and spoon on top of the first scoop of veggie mixture.
- Fill up the peppers with the remainder of the veggie mixture.
- Make sure to use all the egg mixture as it may separate in the bowl. Spoon some into each pepper.
- Top each pepper with some breadcrumbs.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and bake at 350F for 45-60 minutes until done.
- Be careful not to poke a hole in the peppers as the egg mixture may seep out, but do not worry should it happen.
- To serve: Cut pepper in half and serve piping hot.
- We enjoyed these Gluten-Free Carrot Zucchini Green Pepper Cups with BBQ sauce pork ribs baked in the oven and it was outstandingly delicious.
- I did not have a recipe; this is my own creation.
- The filling is enough for 3 peppers.
- I used what I had available and it turned out super delicious, so much so that my husband asked that I make sure to write down what I did as he said I needed to make it again.
Prepared, tried, and tested owner, Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs; SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes and EsmeSalon Homemade Recipes
- Serving Size: 1/2 pepepr
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 90.3 mg
- Fat: 3.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.6 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 67.4 mg
Keywords: Gluten-Free; Vegan; Carrot Zucchini Green Peppers
Need more Recipe
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.