You have to try this tested recipe I made. It is Gluten-Free Pumpkin Seeds and Apricot Biscotti and is a total winner.
Treat yourself to something special this season and get your hands on some delicious Gluten-Free Pumpkin Seeds and Apricot Biscotti! Our all-natural, gluten-free treats are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth while avoiding gluten. Enjoy the crunchy texture and subtle sweetness of these delightful biscuits – get them today and taste the difference!
- 1 cup Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour – Bob’s Red Mill
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup salted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced dried apricots
- 2 XL eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 320F / 160C
- Line the cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Add seeds and sliced apricots.
- Whisk eggs together with the milk till combined.
- Form a log of ±3-4” wide and place it on a baking tray.
- Leave some space down the length of your tray in order for some spreading of the dough.
- The mixture is rather wet, so make sure to cover your hands and the board you work on with a good helping of flour while shaping the dough into a log.
- Bake for ±30 minutes, or till you have a slightly golden crust
- Let it cool down properly before you cut the log into biscuits, about ½” thick.
- If you prefer, as I did, cut it again in half or you will end up with a very big and unmanageable biscotti.
- Turn down the oven to 300F / 150C
- Place the sliced biscotti on a cooling rack (cut side up) and continue to bake for ±10 minutes.
- Turn the biscotti over and repeat this process on the other side.
- Leave it in the oven and place a spoon in the door to keep it slightly open.
- I prefer to add this extra step in order for the biscotti to completely dry out for ± ½-1 hour.
- Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
I can promise you, this is the best ever GF biscotti I have ever concocted, and it’s so easy and quick to prepare. I only made a small batch, as I had to test it out, but believe me, next time I will make more of the same.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme (blogger and owner) of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 10.8 g
- Sodium: 20.8 mg
- Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 37.2 mg
Keywords: Gluten-Free, Biscotti