This Granadilla Hot Milk Sponge Cake is layered with a nice soft strawberry jam and topped with a deliciously sweet and tangy granadilla flavored icing.
- 1 cup sugar
- 100g butter
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups flour sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup milk
- Cream together sugar, eggs, and vanilla essence.
- Add flour.
- Melt butter and milk. Bring to the boil.
- Add to the above ingredients.
- Lastly, by hand, add your baking powder.
- Divide into two 23cm round baking tins.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 35 minutes.
- 100g butter
- Add 100g icing sugar alternatively with a small tin (or tub) of granadilla pulp
- Your icing must be stiff
- Turning both cakes upside down, on the one side, spread with a nice soft strawberry jam (or jam of your choice), and on the other side, spread nicely with some granadilla icing. Sandwich the two together.
- Place on a serving plate or where you will resume with icing the rest of the cake all around the sides and on top.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Dalia Frank
Thanks for stopping by
- If you liked this post, please share it on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. It will be awesome if you care to leave us a rating and review once you prepared this recipe. ♥
- If you’re in need of a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please do visit the shop and have a look at all those awesome Recipe eBooks.
- Amazon: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
If you from time to time do online shopping through Amazon, I will be grateful for your support using any of my links. Please take a look at any of the recipes on this blog. Either use a regular link or an image with the Buy from Amazon purple button. Thank you for your support and for using my links.