This Granadilla Hot Milk Sponge Cake is layered with a nice soft strawberry jam and topped with a deliciously sweet and tangy granadilla-flavored icing.
- 1 cup sugar
- 100g butter
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups flour sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup milk
- Cream together sugar, eggs, and vanilla essence.
- Add flour.
- Melt butter and milk. Bring to the boil.
- Add to the above ingredients.
- Lastly, by hand, add your baking powder.
- Divide into two 23cm round baking tins.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 35 minutes.
- 100g butter
- Add 100g icing sugar alternatively with a small tin (or tub) of granadilla pulp
- Your icing must be stiff
- Turning both cakes upside down, on the one side, spread with a nice soft strawberry jam (or jam of your choice), and on the other side, spread nicely with some granadilla icing. Sandwich the two together.
- Place on a serving plate or you will resume with icing the rest of the cake all around the sides and on top.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Dalia Frank
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!