2 cups steel cut oats
¼ cup Sunflower Seeds
½ cup dried Cranberries
½ cup sliced Almonds
¼ tsp Salt
½ cup Almond nut Butter
¾ cup Maple syrup
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
3 tbsp Brown Sugar
mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Line baking tray with tinfoil.
3. Mix Oats, Sunflower seeds, Cranberries & Almonds altogether. Spread mixture on a cookie sheet and toast in preheated oven for about 8 minutes. Return mixture to bowl.
4. In a medium saucepan mix together Salt, Peanut Butter, Honey, Coconut Oil & Brown Sugar.
5. Bring to a boil over medium heat, Stir.
6. Pour over Oats mixture and stir well, add chocolate chips if using.
7. Pour into baking tray. Press mixture down into with a spatula.
8. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
9. I used a biscuit cutter about 5 minutes after it came out of the oven to cut into rusk size fingers. I found it much easier than cutting when completely cold.
Source: The Recipe Hunter
TRIED AND TESTED