As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What did you have for dinner last night? Greek Smashed Potatoes, Salad, and Pork Chops, if not then you should try this tonight.
Last night’s dinner was more gulped down by the Greek Smashed Roast Potatoes and the salad with Avocado Ranch dressing than the Crusted Pork Chop which the family is bored with by now – I had to agree! I could eat just potatoes and salad! So I’m posting in order of preference
Greek Smashed Roast Potatoes
Recipe Credit: Ken Panagopoulos (Adapted)
- 5-6 potatoes, peeled
- 1 tsp chicken stock (or veg) (My addition)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (divided)
- 1 tbsp Greek oregano (divided)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Robertson’s potato spice (my addition)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 100gr crumbled feta cheese
- Add potatoes to a pot of water (I added the stock) and boil until almost cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ᵒC. Drizzle olive oil into a roasting pan or ovenproof dish.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and toss to slightly air dry. Season.
- Add to the oiled roasting pan – sprinkle half the zest and juice of half the lemon and half the oregano and drizzle with olive oil (covering each potato liberally).
- Bake for half an hour.
- Remove from the oven and using a potato masher press each one to half their width – then add the other half of zest, juice, oregano, and feta cheese.
- Bake for another half an hour.
Avocado and Ranch Dressing
Recipe Credit: The Kitchen Girl
- 1 large Avocado skin was removed, halved, and seeded
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise optional
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 clove Garlic finely grated (who uses one clove)
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp dried Parsley
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp dried Chives
- Black Pepper to taste
- ½ tsp dried onion (I used onion powder)
- ½ cup Milk
- In a food processor combine avocado, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, parsley, dill, chives, onion, salt, and pepper, and pulse in short spurts until combined.
- Add small amounts of milk until desired consistency is reached; cover and refrigerate until needed.
Crusted Pork Chops
- 3 large pork loin chops (cos we only 3 in the fam)
- 1 tsp garlic/ginger spice
- ½ tsp fennel powder
- ½ tsp 5 spice powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup chicken stock
Add this to a large pan and simmer on low until chops change color
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cups panko breadcrumbs (seasoned to your liking)
- Oil for frying (or you can Air Fry)
- Once chops are ready remove them with a slotted spoon to a plate or board to dry out then dip in egg and coat in Panko.
- Set aside at least half an hour before frying on both sides till golden.
- [Cooks Note: If you’re going to Air Fry – preheat your Air Fryer first to prevent the crumbs from flying all over
Prepared by Melanie
If you’re looking for more Greek recipes, we’ve got you covered.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
8 thoughts on “Greek Smashed Potatoes, Salad, and Pork Chops”
OPA…I love smashed potatoes. Can’t wait to make it.
Thank you for sharing.
Hi Stefani, Thank you for visiting my blog and your comment on this post. Hope you will enjoy this, please let me know once made. May I ask how you landed here on this post? Mere curiosity. Thanks Stefani
I love smashed potatoes and this recipe adds a new slant on it. I will def be doing it this way. Cant wait to make it. Thank you for sharing. #SeniSal
I love smashed potatoes! And I’ve never met a salad I didn’t like. I can’t wait to try the dressing recipe. Thanks Esme for such great dinner inspirations! #Senisal
Those potatoes and the salad dressing will definitely find their way onto my table next week. Yumm! Thank you.
Laurie, Thank you so much for going to make these. I hope you will love it as much as we do. Greek food is so wonderful and those potatoes are incredible.
What a splendid meal to prepare.
The boiling, roasting, and baking of the potatoes is such an intricate procedure giving the greek mashed roast potato a special twist.
You have given very easy instructions to follow.
I will try it.
Hazlo, thank you so much for your following and commenting. I hope you will enjoy these as well.