This Hearty Potato and Leek Soup is creamy without the cream and perfect for a winter’s evening meal!
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 300 g potatoes peeled and diced
- 300 g sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 500 g leeks trimmed & sliced
- 2 celery sticks chopped
- 500 ml milk
- 2 ml ground nutmeg
- 15 ml country herb blend
- 15 ml exotic Thai spice
- 10 ml black peppercorns freshly milled
- salt to taste
- 1 can of Ideal milk
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Warm oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add onion cover and cook for 5 min.
- Add potatoes and leeks.
- Stir well and cook for 10 min.
- Pour in water to cover the vegetable and bring to boil, stirring for 5 min.
- Simmer until veggies are tender, adding more water if needed.
- Allow cooling slightly.
- Liquidize with a stick blender and return to pot.
- Add milk and seasonings.
- Bring to a fast boil, add ideal milk and simmer gently for a few minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with homemade bread.
*All above seasonings is Robertson spice.
Prepared by Feriel
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2022 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.