Recipe for Home-made Chocolate Slab Cake With Caramel Treat can be made well ahead of time and you can feed a crowd with ease, and keep them very, very happy.Print
Home-made Chocolate Slab Cake With Caramel Treat
This Chocolate Slab Cake with Caramel and Cream Topping is incredibly decadent and something memories are made of. One bite and you’ll keep asking for more!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 slab cake 1x
- Category: Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies and Tarts
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup water (200 ml)
- 1 3/4 cup self-raising
- 1 tsp Nescafe coffee
- 2 1/2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Caramel Treat and Chocolate Cream
- 1 cup fresh cream (I used bakers delight cream, if you use fresh cream add 2 teaspoons of icing sugar for sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 Chocolate Flake
- Mix 1 teaspoon coffee with ¾ boil water. Set aside and let it cool off completely before adding to dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs and sugar well.
- Add vanilla essence, oil, and water and mix well.
- Sift self-raising flour, cocoa, and baking powder and add to the above ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a well-greased foil baking pan 25cm x 36cm or square pyrex dish, and bake at 180C / 350F for 30 minutes.
- When cool ice with icing of choice.
- Spread caramel treat on cold slab cake.
- Whip 1 cup fresh cream and add 1 teaspoon cocoa.
- I used baker’s delight cream, if you use fresh cream add 2 teaspoons of icing sugar for sweetness.
- Garnish with flake choc.
- Cut in square blocks.
This Home-made Chocolate Slab Cake With Caramel Treat is so decadent and delicious on its own, but why not have a little fun with the toppings, by adding some caramel treat and cream? Who will say no to such decadence?
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 12
- Sodium: 52
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 48
Keywords: Chocolate cake, Caramel topping, fresh cream
Chocolate Cake Day (27th January) How to celebrate Chocolate Cake Day
Prepared, tried, and tested Feriel Sonday
I knew it, you’re looking for more awesome and delectable chocolate cake recipes
OK, now get on your apron, get baking, and enjoy it!