Home-tried Peanut Butter Cookies originated in the United States and dates back to the 1910s
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter, but chunky will be awesome. I only had smooth available.
- ½ cup Demerara sugar
- 1 XL egg
- 1¼ cups Steel-cut oats
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, use an electric mixer to cream peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add oats and baking soda to creamed mixture, and mix well.
- Use your hands to make a ball, it’s rather crumbly, but do not worry, just knead it and it will eventually form a ball.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 2-inch balls, and press to flatten on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies turn slightly brown.
- Cool cookies on a rack, and store in an airtight container.
Sourced from the Internet many years ago.
Hi, have you ever considered to come and join us at our two FB Recipe Groups: