Learn how to dehydrate and make your own Homemade Apple Chips which are a perfect treat for a lunch bag for the kids or work.
You can make Apple Chips in a food dehydrator or in the oven. Both methods slowly remove the moisture from the apple slices leaving you with crispy, sweet treats.
- 4 large apples
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Wash and core apples, and slice them with a mandolin.
- Dip apples in a mixture of lemon juice and water.
- Pat dry and place on dehydrator trays
- Follow instructions for drying.
- I leave mine overnight, this will vary depending on the wattage of your dehydrator.
- I have had success drying mangoes, pears, pineapples, and peaches this way.
- Store in zip-lock bags.
- My fruit has lasted 3-6 months
NB: this can be done in the oven as well on very low heat for a few hours, but you need to keep a close eye on the fruit and turn them occasionally
- Serving Size: ½ apple
- Calories: 59
- Sugar: 11.7 g
- Sodium: 3.5 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.7 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.