Homemade Beef Vegetable Soup. Yes, this is the most delectable Homemade Beef Vegetable Soup you will find on this planet!
- 1 Tblsp Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 kg Soup meat or stewing chunks1 Onion, chopped,
- 2 tsp Grated garlic
- 6 Large carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 Medium potatoes, coarsely grated
- 2 Leeks, finely sliced
- 1/2 cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 Turnips, coarsely grated
- 4 Stalks celery, thinly sliced
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 packets soup powder, Brown Onion/Minestrone
- Heat oil in a large stock pot or pressure cooker over medium heat.
- Now go ahead and add onions and sauté until tender.
- Next up add the meat and fry until browned.
- Do you love your garlic? Go ahead and add garlic and fry a little.
- Add all the other remaining vegetable ingredients.
- Add +-3 Litres of water. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer or pressure cook until done.
- Mix the 2 packets of soup powder with a little water, add slowly to the pot, stirring to prevent lumping.
- Simmer further for +- 30 minutes.
- Add another packet of soup powder if the soup is too thin, or more water if the soup is too thick.
- You can add salt if required. (I use barbecue spice).
- Garnish with parsley and serve with fresh buttered bread.
Prepared, tried and tested Caroline du Plessis
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Wait, wait, do not leave so soon!! Please subscribe then you will not miss any of these lovely recipes