You need to try this Homemade Chicken Feet Stock as it’s simply the best chicken stock ever!
Stock, sometimes called bone broth, is a savory cooking liquid that forms the basis of many dishes, particularly soups, stews, and sauces. Making stock involves simmering animal bones, meat, seafood, or vegetables in water or wine, often for an extended period. Mirepoix or other aromatics may be added for more flavor
- 4.6 lbs (2.0 kg) cleaned chicken feet
- Large pot about 8 quarts. ( 3. liters)
- Water to cover the feet by 1 to 2 inches
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add feet and water to the pot and bring to boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Reduce to simmer and remove feet to drain.
- Rinse in cold water.
- When cool, remove all nails at the 1st joint and discard.
- Add the salt and pepper to the water and then all of the feet.
- Bring back to the boil and then reduce to simmer for 4 hours covered.
- Remove boiled feet and discard.
- The stock is now ready for bottling.
- Do this while it is still simmering.
- Once the bottles have cooled, check that all lids have properly sealed before storing.
- It will form into a rich concentrated gel.
- My wife uses it in her soups, curries, gravy, and anything that calls for chicken stock.
- This made 5½ quarts.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Wally
What Are the Differences Between Stock and Broth?
Stocks and broths are flavorful liquids that are used to make sauces and soups or consumed on their own.
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.