Homemade Chinese Chicken Sweetcorn Soup
I intended to make the most delicious and yummy homemade Creamy Chicken and Corn Soup but didn’t have cream and it was too cold Saturday to go out and buy some, so I settled for the Chinese Chicken Sweetcorn version instead.
Homemade Chinese Chicken Sweetcorn Soup has been my favorite ever since I can remember and is the quickest to prepare.
- 2 chicken breasts, on the bone
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp chicken stock powder
- 2 eggs separated
- 1 can cream-style sweet corn
- 2 spring onion sliced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Add ½ cup water and chicken to a pot.
- Add stock powder and bring to a boil, lower the heat, and poach the fillets till cooked.
- Remove chicken and debone and shred using two forks.
- If cool enough to handle use your fingers to shred chicken.
- Boil the remaining water and add to the pot with the shredded chicken.
- Add the sweet corn.
- Using the can add the cornstarch and liquid from the pot and mix into a paste and add to the pot.
- Add egg yolks to the can and beat slightly add some liquid from the pot into the can (to temper the eggs) and mix and pour back into the pot
- This is just so you don’t dirty extra dishes.
- Add soya sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper, and half the spring onion.
- Cook for about 10 minutes till it thickens.
- Beat egg whites slightly.
- Drizzle egg whites in a zig-zag motion over the back of a fork or through a big slotted spoon.
- Garnish with remaining spring onion.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie Kramar
True to form, we have more Chicken Soup recipes you can choose from.
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are super excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.