The perfect pastry, just for you to use as a Homemade Savory Pastry
- 55g margarine
- 250g self-raising flour.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 25ml tap water.
In a bowl, mix the flour and the salt together.
Rub the margarine into the flour mixture.
Add the water and mix till the dough comes together.
Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
Wrap in cling wrap and pop into the fridge to use within 24 hours or into the freezer till you are ready for use.
- Another difficult thing is actually putting the pastry into the pie dish, but as Mary shows, she makes it really easy.
- You roll the pastry so that it is bigger than the base of the dish, slide the base plate under the pastry, and fold the pastry on top of each so that lifting it up makes it each.
- Place the base plate back into the pie dish and unfold the pastry.
- Gentle press down and into the sides of the dish, using a rolling pin, roll over the top so that the excess can easily be pulled off.
- Using a fork, poke a couple of holes in the base of the pie.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Bobby Swanson