As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Honey and Garlic Glazed Chicken Wings. This formed part of a 5 ingredient challenge, and it’s super easy and delicious.
The 5 Ingredient Challenge | February
Honey and Garlic Glazed Chicken Wings
(Only 5 ingredients)
Only 5 Ingredients used to prepare Honey and Garlic Glazed Chicken Wings
Honey and Garlic Glazed Chicken Wings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Marinate Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 20–25 pieces 1x
- Category: Poultry Recipes
- Method: Easy
- 750g chicken wings (1/2 packet, as per the image below)
- 55g melted butter (±1/2 stick)
- 170 g honey (1/2 cup)
- 15 ml minced garlic (3 teaspoons or however much you prefer)
- a pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Melt butter in the microwave, add honey and garlic, then mix thoroughly.
- Place chicken in a single layer in a dish and pour the mixture over and marinate for a minimum of 2-3 hours.
- At regular intervals, scoop and paint some of the melted butter and honey mixture over the wings.
- Preheat the oven to 400F / 200C
- Bake/grill for approx. 1 hr till done, turning chicken every now and then, and continue to paint with the remaining marinade till all used up.
- Bake till done and you have an excellent golden and even color.
- Sprinkle with grated Pink Himalayan Salt to taste.
- For plating, I used additional ingredients but in order to prepare the dish, I only used the 5 ingredients as per the rules.
- Serve with fresh fruit or a salad.
- We enjoyed it with some blueberries, avocado, banana slices, and fresh bread.
- I started to prepare this in the morning, as I was still undecided as to exactly how to proceed.
- My husband went out for a 2½-hour walk, and upon his return, he asked if it would be possible to just finish this dish as he cannot wait till dinner time.
WOW, it turned out so good, I will do this more often.
Accordingly to my husband, it’s way tastier than anything he ate before.
Yeah, I am a happy camper.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme (blogger and owner) of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 5 pieces
- Calories: 374
- Sugar: 27.9 g
- Sodium: 155.4 mg
- Fat: 14.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.6 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 33.3 g
- Cholesterol: 109.2 mg
Keywords: Honey, Garlic, Chicken Wings
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
8 thoughts on “Honey and Garlic Glazed Chicken Wings”
Hi =D Your recipe is a godsend. I tried it yesterday to surprise my husband and he absolutely loved it! It’s very delicious!
Mwah, thank you so much Julia. I am so glad you could use one of my own created recipes. I had to come up with a recipe as part of 5 ingredient challenge, and I must admit we also enjoyed it tremendously. Do you have a picture of your dish? If so please email to me at co**********@sh**.ca then I will add it to this post on my blog and you can also provide me with some text which I will add here and credit it to you. That will be awesome. Thanks in advance
I love the combination of the ingredients. I have a weakness for baked chicken wings that’s sweet and sticky. In fact, I have a weakness for anything sweet. 😀 These look really great and I am sure I would love to eat them with a cup of white rice. I think I could finish the whole serving. 😛 So good! Thanks for participating in Lin’s 5-ingredient challenge. Hope you’ll participate again in the future challenges. 😉 Take care and God bless! x
Wow.I am flattered, thank you so much for your kind words and glad you like it. We were very happy with the dish.
How often does Lin do these challenges?
She does it monthly before, but I am not sure now.
Ok, will check her blog.
Thanks for participating…link up will be open from tomorrow..i will read it then☺
Perfect, thanks for the reminder and thanks for the challenge