What happened? Let me show you how an English Muffin became a Waffle
What will you now call an English Muffin once it turned into a Waffle … Muffle, Wafmuf or maybe a Waffin???
Let me know your suggestions in the comments, please.
What is an English Muffin?
What is a Waffle?
A waffle is a dish made from leavened batter or dough that is cooked between two plates that are patterned to give a characteristic size, shape, and surface impression. There are many variations based on the type of waffle iron and recipe used.
- Blend together the coconut flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add the finely grated cheese and mix in (if you add this, then omit the salt).
- Crack one egg at a time and mix through and then add the next.
- The dough will be soft and sticky, but that’s totally fine.
- Let it rest while you heat up the waffle griddle.
- Depending on your own waffle machine, you may wish to add a light coating of oil.
- I use a paintbrush dipped into VOO (Virgin Olive Oil) which I keep in the fridge in a separate glass container for this purpose.
- Once the griddle is heated, spoon the dough onto the griddle and spread it out slightly, if needed and bake until nice golden color.
- Depending on the size of your griddle, you may be able to make one LARGE waffle or two smaller ones.
- Serve immediately and top with any savory topping of your choice.
- I had leftover dinner from the previous evening (green bean stew with mutton) and only nuked some and spooned it on the waffle and dinner was ready!
- Improvisation at its best!
Prepared, tried and tested Esme Slabs
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Other Waffle Recipes on the Blog: