Crostini is small pieces of toasted or fried bread served with a topping as an appetizer or canapé. This is my Indian Chili Crostini version
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature.
- 250g crumbled feta cheese.
- 2/3 cups olive oil.
- 1 lemon, juice squeezed out.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper for seasoning.
- 2 tsp garlic and ginger paste.
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar.
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes.
- 3 tbsp. chopped coriander.
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts.
- Tabasco sauce.
- Sliced green chillies.
- French loaf.
Cut the French loaf into diagonal slices.
Drizzle olive oil over the top and pop into a preheated oven to bake for 5 minutes at 180 degrees till the bread is nice and crispy.
Remove from the oven and set aside.
In a blender, add the cream cheese, 1/3 cup olive oil, garlic and ginger, feta cheese.
Blender till nice and smooth and well blended.
Using a butter knife, spread generous amounts of the mixture onto the toasted slices.
Mix and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
Carefully spoon the mixture onto each slice of toast.
Sprinkle the sliced green chillies over the top.
Dash some tabasco over the top.
Add the pine nuts.
Finally, sprinkle chopped coriander over the top and season well.
Prepared, tried and tested by: Bobby Swanson