Meatloaf and mashed potatoes in one go in my Instant Pot using a Bundt Pan!
This was just an awesome challenge this evening! Meatloaf and mashed potatoes in one go in my Instant Pot using a Bundt Pan! It was truly yummy – even if you only just made the mashed potatoes! So creamy and delicious!
Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb of ground sirloin beef (85%-90% lean – the less lean, the better)
- ½ lb of ground pork
- ½ lb of ground veal
(NOTE: Although I think it’s the best combo for the best flavor, if you don’t want to use pork and/or veal, you can add more ground beef instead. Whatever combo of meat you use, just make sure it totals 2 lbs)
- Half an onion, grated
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp of seasoned salt
- 2 tsp of black pepper
- 2 tsp of dried oregano
- 3 tbsp of crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp of dried parsley
- ½ cup of whole milk
- 2 tbsp of tomato sauce
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp of barbecue sauce
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
The Meatloaf Glaze:
- ½ cup of tomato sauce
- ¼ cup of barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp of yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar (either light or dark is fine)
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp of balsamic glaze
The Potatoes Before Mashing:
- 1kg .5 lbs of baby white or Yukon potatoes, rinsed, skin-on, and quartered
- 1½ lbs of baby red potatoes, rinsed, skin-on, and quartered
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1½ cups of chicken stock
The Potatoes After Mashing:
- ½ stick (4 tbsp) of salted butter
- ½ cup of half & half or heavy cream
- 5.2 oz of Boursin cheese (or you can use 4 oz cream cheese or 4 oz of sour cream instead)
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ cup of chives, sliced
- In a large bowl, mix together all the meatloaf ingredients by hand for about 2 minutes until they clump together and stay in a giant meatball form.
- Spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and pack the meatloaf mixture into it.
- Cover with non-stick foil or spritz non-stick spray on the foil and puncture a hole in the middle of the foil so the steam can go through the bundt pan’s center – (DO NOT forget to do this)
- Add the potatoes, chicken stock, and garlic cloves to the Instant Pot.
- Rest the trivet on top of the potatoes and garlic (press it down well so the trivet rests flat) and then rest the bundt pan on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid and hit “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” at High Pressure for 35 minutes.
- While the meatloaf is cooking, mix together all the ingredients for the meatloaf glaze in a bowl until well combined. Set aside when done.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking, perform a quick release. Preheat the oven to 200ᵒC while the steam is released.
- Using some tongs and a dish towel/oven mitt, remove the bundt from the pot.
- Pour out any excess drippings from the bundt. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the foil-lined baking sheet over the bundt and, firmly holding them together with your hands protected from the heat, quickly flip upside down.
- The meatloaf will slide right out of the bundt and onto the foil.
- Brush the meatloaf glaze all over the meatloaf and pop it into the oven for 5-10 minutes until the glaze caramelizes (I went for 7 minutes).
- Keep an eye on it as all ovens vary!
- While the meatloaf is in the oven, (pour out the stock), use a potato masher and mash the potatoes to the desired consistency and then add in all the “Potatoes After Mashing” ingredients.
- Stir until well combined and adjust any seasonings to taste.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and carefully transfer it to a serving dish or platter using two spatulas supporting the bottom.
- Place some of the mashed potatoes in the center of the ring (for presentation) and place the rest in a serving dish.
Enjoy this epic Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes feast!
Recipe Credit: Pressure Luck
Prepared, tried, and tested by Melanie
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.