Instant Pot Pea Carrot Stew with Rice, the best ever you will have the honor to taste
- 1 kg lamb/mutton pieces
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 tbsp ghee + 1 tsp olive oil (or normal oil)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp jeera seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp green or red chili paste (optional) it is a ‘stew’ after all)
- A dash of spices of choice – I used the following: Aromat, BBQ, Cajun, thyme, garlic, and onion powder, smoked paprika, cumin, and coriander
- 1 tsp garlic paste (or you can use garlic/ginger paste)
- 4 tbsp marinara sauce (just because I had it in the fridge opened – you can add a grated tomato)
- 2 carrots sliced into rings
- 3 potatoes halved
- 1½ cups frozen peas
- 1 cup stock (any) – I always use chicken
Rice to go with your Instant Pot Pea Carrot Stew
- 1 cup basmati rice (washed – no need to soak)
- 1.25ml water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp roasted jeera seeds
- Small piece of cinnamon stick
- 1-star anise
- 1 tbsp melted ghee/butter or oil
Method to prepare this Instant Pot Pea Carrot Stew with Rice
- Turn Instant Pot on sauté mode.
- Melt ghee and oil add seeds and cinnamon stick and wait for them to sizzle.
- Add onions with a pinch of salt and sauté till translucent.
- Then add the marinara sauce (tomato) and sauté for 2 minutes (if using tomato cover with a glass lid till tomato is cooked).
- Next would be the meat, garlic paste, chili paste, and all spices, and sauté for another 2 minutes until the meat is coated in the spices.
- Press cancel and secure lid and press the Meat/Stew button for 25 minutes.
- Let the pressure release for 10 minutes on its own. The meat should be tender when pressed with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Then add potatoes, carrots, and peas. Stir to combine.
- Add the stock. Then add the trivet/rack that comes with the IP.
- Add a dish with the rice, water, and remaining ingredients and put on top of the trivet/rack.
- Seal the pot and press the rice button (It will automatically register for 12 minutes).
- After that, it will beep – leave it for the pressure to release naturally – after that, your veggies, rice, and everything will be cooked!
Prepared, tried and tested Melanie Kramar
More InstaPot dishes – most definitely, we do have more for you to enjoy!
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!