As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Pea Carrot Stew with Rice, the best ever
- 1 kg lamb/mutton pieces
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 tbsp ghee + 1 tsp olive oil (or normal oil)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp jeera seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp green or red chili paste (optional) it is a ‘stew’ after all)
- A dash of spices of choice – I used the following: Aromat, BBQ, Cajun, thyme, garlic, and onion powder, smoked paprika, cumin, and coriander
- 1 tsp garlic paste (or you can use garlic/ginger paste)
- 4 tbsp marinara sauce (just because I had it in the fridge opened – you can add a grated tomato)
- 2 carrots sliced into rings
- 3 potatoes halved
- 1½ cups frozen peas
- 1 cup stock (any) – I always use chicken
Rice to go with your Instant Pot Pea Carrot Stew
- 1 cup basmati rice (washed – no need to soak)
- 1.25ml water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp roasted jeera seeds
- Small piece of cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 tbsp melted ghee/butter or oil
Method to prepare this Instant Pot Pea Carrot Stew with Rice
- Turn Instant Pot on sauté mode.
- Melt ghee and oil add seeds and cinnamon stick and wait for them to sizzle.
- Add onions with a pinch of salt and sauté till translucent.
- Then add the marinara sauce (tomato) and sauté for 2 minutes (if using tomato cover with glass lid till tomato is cooked).
- Next would be the meat, garlic paste, chili paste, and all spices and sauté for another 2 minutes until meat is coated in the spices.
- Press cancel and secure lid and press Meat/Stew button for 25 minutes.
- Let pressure release for 10 minutes on its own. The meat should be tender when pressed with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Then add potatoes, carrots, and peas. Stir to combine.
- Add the stock. Then add the trivet/rack that comes with the IP.
- Add a dish with the rice, water, and remaining ingredients and put on top of trivet/rack.
- Seal the pot and press the rice button (It will automatically register 12 minutes).
- After that, it will beep – leave it for the pressure to release naturally – after that your veggies, rice, and everything will be cooked!
Prepared, tried and tested Melanie Kramar
More InstaPot dishes – most definitely, we do have more for you to enjoy!
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Hi, have you ever considered to come and join us at our two FB Recipe Groups: