As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs
- 500 gr ground beef
- 500 gr ground pork
- (Or choose 1 kg of ground red meat of choice)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp cream
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 medium shallot, diced (not spring onion!)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- ½ cup sour cream/or thick cream
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- chopped fresh dill
- chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, Parmesan, almond flour, milk, cream, egg yolks, shallot, garlic, thyme, parsley, allspice, and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using clean hands, (I use gloves) mix until well combined.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to measure out even sized balls and set out on a tray.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Set Instant Pot to the high sauté setting.
- Heat oil and working in batches, add meatballs and cook until all sides are browned.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Add butter, whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Stir in beef stock, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot; add Worcestershire sauce and mustard, season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Return meatballs to the Instant Pot.
- Select manual setting; adjust the pressure to high, and set a timer for 8 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure.
- Set meatballs aside.
- Select high sauté setting; simmer until the sauce has reduced and thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with meatballs, garnished with dill and remaining parsley.
- Serve with Keto Bread and Salad
Still enjoying the novelty of my instant pot, last night I made Swedish meatballs. I made a keto version, which just means I swapped panko bread crumbs for parmesan cheese and almond flour, normal flour for coconut flour and of course coconut oil for canola oil. in my opinion, it’s not only healthier but tastier too.
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Prepared, tried and tested Melanie Kramar
Looking for more Instant Pot recipes, we have you covered, so please check them out as well
Hi, have you ever considered to come and join us at our two FB Recipe Groups: