One of the most powerful superfoods, Lamb Bone Broth
- Leftover bones from a roast
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 5-6 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 parsnips chopped
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 4-5 peppercorns
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3-4 cardamon pods bruised
- 2 stock cubes*
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 Tblspn onion powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil and fry the bones till brown.
- Add the veg and spices with a kettle of boiling water.
- Boil for 1 hr on high, keep topping up with boiling water.
- Then reduce the heat and simmer for 8+ hours.
- Keep topping up the water and adjusting the salt.
- You can also place the pot into a wonder bag overnight to save electricity or gas.
- Strain the broth and pour into serving-size portions.
- Refrigerate for up to 6 days.
*Make sure your stock cubes are MSG-free, especially if you want to use the broth while intermittent fasting.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Caashifa Adams Young