This combination of ingredients in this Lean Ground Beef Mushrooms Parmesan and Bacon is a great way to make a hearty and delicious main dish.
Lean Ground Beef Mushrooms Parmesan and Bacon are delicious because they combine different flavors and textures to create a unique and delicious dish. The beef provides a savory and meaty flavor, while the mushrooms add a meaty yet earthy flavor. The Parmesan adds a sharp and salty flavor which cuts through the richness of the beef, while the bacon adds a smoky and salty flavor. Together, these ingredients create a delicious dish that can be enjoyed as a main course.
- Sunflower Oil or VOO – Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 strips of bacon, chopped
- 3/4–1 onion, chopped (depending on size)
- 3 large spring onions, chopped
- 1 tin button mushrooms, cut in half
- 1.3 kg lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 75 ml evaporated milk (ideal milk)
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 slices fresh brown bread, crumbed
- 2,5 ml (1/2 t) salt
- ±5- 7.5 ml (1-1 1/2t) mix of Basil, Thyme, Rosemary, Parsley
- 250 ml (1 c) grated cheddar cheese
- 170 g broccolini, finely chopped
- Set oven at 180C / 350F.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the bacon, onion, spring onion, and mushrooms. Keep aside.
- Mix ground beef, egg, milk, Parmesan, salt, and herbs, then add ½ of the onion mixture with the meat.
- Chop the broccolini, add, and mix well.
- Grease a big enough glass container and spoon in the meat mixture.
- Bake for ± 1-1½ hours, until cooked through.
- If you have fat on the surface, spoon it off and remove it.
- Mix the grated cheese and the remainder of the onion mix and sprinkle over the baked meat dish.
- Return to the oven for another ± 10 minutes till the cheese melted.
- Serve immediately with a salad, and or bread, and enjoy!
If you have Ms. Balls’ chutney, it’s super yummy on the side.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 449.1 mg
- Fat: 14.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 31.9 g
- Cholesterol: 117.1 mg
Keywords: Beef, Mushrooms, Parmesan, Bacon
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.