This will be your next go-to recipe for Lemon Pound Cake in future
Ingredients for Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (I used half sugar half xylitol)
- 2 Tblsps butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp lemon essence
- 1/4 tsp yellow food color (optional)
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- The rind of 1 large lemon
- A crack of Himalayan pink salt
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup palm oil/coconut oil
Ingredients for Glaze
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 Tblsps butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, food color, lemon essence, and lemon juice.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add oil and lemon zest and mix well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake at 180C for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick entered in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Whisk to combine.
- Spread over cooled loaf.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Caashifa Adams Young