Lemonade Scones Anyone? 4 Ingredients
Lemonade Scones Anyone? Moist and fluffy scones, made with only 4 ingredients! They must be served with lots of cream and jam. That’s a given.
4 Ingredient Lemonade Scones
- 3 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1 tsp caramel extract (vanilla essence can also be used)
- Sift the self-raising flour into a mixing bowl.
- Do not over mix, it will make the scones dense and the scone will turn out like rocks.
- Do not worry, as the dough should be soft and fairly sticky.
- Add the lemonade, followed by the cream and essence.
- Mix lightly using a clean hand.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and pat out to 2.5cm thickness.
- Flour a cutter (or glass) and cut out scones.
- Flour after each cut.
Optional – brush the tops lightly with milk. This makes the tops nice and golden.
It will also help and smooth the top of the scone.
Place on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 15-18 minutes till light golden brown.
Place on rack to cool.
Tip: Place a tea towel over them to stop the tops from getting crusty – if you do not like it that way!
Serve with lots and lots of cream and jam, and it goes without saying, you need a nice pot of tea or coffee.
Prepared, tried and tested by Melanie Kramar
We all love scones, so no need to worry, you can try more for your next tea party