The perfect Pistachio and Orange Biscotti to enjoy with a cup of steaming coffee and a good book!
- 60g butter softened
- 450g Self-Raising Flour
- 350g Caster Sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- Grated zest of one orange
- a pinch of salt
- 200g pistachios
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 3 tbsp Frangelico (or any other sweet liquor) optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Beat the caster sugar and butter in a mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla paste and whip until pale and creamy.
- Then add the sifted flour, salt, orange zest, and alcohol if using and mix till combined.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Using floured hands, shape the dough on a floured workbench, into three sausage-like shapes and bake them on trays lined with baking paper for 20 minutes.
- They will expand so don’t place them too close together.
- Let them cool slightly, then slice using a sharp knife.
- Place the sliced biscuits back on the tray and into the oven and toast for 5 minutes.
- You can substitute pistachios for any other nut.
- I also like to use a combination of whole almonds and sultanas.
Prepared, tried, and tested Lorelle Catalano