Easy, delicious, and healthy Low Carb Chicken Stir Fry for anyone?
This is a low-carb chicken stir fry in a sugar-free sweet and sour sauce.
- 2 chicken fillets sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1/2 green pepper sliced
- 1/2 red pepper sliced
- 1 small punnet mushroom sliced
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded white cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- Seasoning for the chicken
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs Chinese 5 spice
- 1 tbsp bbq spice
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp liquid Aminos (soya sauce if you don’t mind it)
- 2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp red chili flakes
- Xylitol to taste
- Season the chicken well, rubbing the pieces so that everything is well coated.
- Leave for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a wok till smoking then add the chicken pieces and fry till almost just done.
- Remove from the wok then add all the veg and flash fry.
- Add the sauce and cook till reduced and thickened a bit.
- Add the chicken to the wok stirring well.
- Simmer for 5 mins. Then sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving
Prepared tried and tested by Caashifa Adams Young