Lovely and delicious Low Carb Cinnamon Granola for your morning breakfast
I made this cinnamon granola as a gift for a very good friend. It’s not only low in carbs but it’s wheat-free and gluten-free as well.
Ingredients Cinnamon toffee
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tsp fine cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Sukrin gold or sweetener of choice
- 3 Tblsps honey
Ingredients Nutty base
- 1/4 cup pecan flour or LC flour of choice
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup golden flax seeds
- 1/4 cup black poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup white poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup white sesame seeds
- 1 cup almond flakes
- 1 cup walnuts chopped roughly
Cinnamon Toffee Method:
- Melt the oil then add the rest of the ingredients and whisk well.
- Mix the egg in at the end.
- Place all the nuts, seeds, and coconut in a huge bowl then pour over the cinnamon toffee.
- Mix gently with a serving spoon.
- Spread out onto a lined baking dish and bake at 180C for 30 minutes.
- Turn the mixture over every 3-4 minutes to avoid the coconut from burning.
- Cool completely before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Caashifa Adams Young