As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Not only was this a treat, but it was also a guilt-free treat. This sugar-free Low Carb Créme Brûlé ticks all the right boxes.
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons Truvia or sweetener of choice + extra for dusting
- 2 cups thick cream
- 1 tsp caramel essence
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the Truvia.
- Slowly whisk in the cream and the essence.
- Divide into 4 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins into a deep baking dish.
- Pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake at 160C just until the créme brulé is set, but still trembling in the center, approximately 40 to 45 minutes. (I overbaked mine so really get it out on time).
- Remove from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours but best overnight.
- Sprinkle Truvia on the top of the brulés and torch till crispy. (I also over torched mine a bit).
- This can also be done under a grill.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Caashifa Adams Young
2 thoughts on “Low Carb Créme Brûlé”
☆ ☆ ☆