The best and easiest low carb Emmental Buns with flaxseed meal and pepitas
- 1 cup golden flaxseed meal
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbspn olive oil
- 1 cup Emmental cheese grated
- 1/4 cup water
- A crack of sea salt / Himalayan pink salt
- Sunflower seeds (optional for the topping)
- Whisk the eggs and oil together.
- Add all ingredients and whisk well.
- Lastly, stir in the cheese Leave for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Using a spatula shape into buns (I made 4 but you can make 5 as well).
- Lightly wet the tops of the buns then sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Press the seeds gently into the bun.
- Bake at 250C for 10 minutes then reduce the temperature to 200C and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- *Please note that ovens differ so when baking anything, consider that you might have to adjust your oven temperature and/or baking time.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Caashifa Adams Young