HEBA Pap is a good source of protein, high in dietary fiber, low in sodium, grain and gluten-free with no added sugar, Enjoy Low Carb Heba Muffins
Heba is a product developed in South Africa and it is not only low in carbs but is gluten-free, wheat-free, grain-free, and sugar-free. Unfortunately, it’s not sold where I am, so I have made my own premix version, which you can try out. This premix works well in different recipes.
DIY Heba Ingredients
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup sunflower seed meal
- 1 cup flaxseed meal (or nut flour or seed meal of choice)
- 1/4 cup psyllium husks
- 3 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- Mix together well and store in an airtight container or sealed packet.
- Makes approximately 400g of premix.
- 1/4 cup Heba pap
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tblsps xylitol or sweetener of choice
- A crack of sea salt / Himalayan pink salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and mix till well combined.
- Scoop into ramekins or muffin tins and bake at 180C for about 15 mins.
- Makes 6 muffins.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Caashifa Adams Young