This bread is lovely and light. It’s not only low in carbs but it’s also wheat-free, grain-free, and gluten-free, a delicious Low Carb Toast Bread.
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 2 Tblsps instant yeast
- 1 Tblspn honey
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tblsps psyllium husk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- A crack of Himalayan pink salt
- Whisk the flours, psyllium, baking powder, soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add yeast, honey, and water, mix then let it rest while beating the eggs and water in a separate bowl until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour mix to the egg mix then add the yeast mix and combine well.
- Leave to rest for 5 mins.
- Scoop the dough into a lined bread tin and bake at 180 for 45 – 55 minutes.
- Insert a skewer into the center and if it comes out clean and dry then the bread is done.
- Allow cooling completely then slice thinly.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Caashifa Adams Young