Mashed Potato Pie with chicken filling in a puff pastry casing and single servings
Ingredients for Filling
- 1 small onion chopped
- ½ red, green, and yellow peppers chopped
- 1 packet of baby corn finely sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cooked chicken breasts shredded
- 1 packet of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- Sauté the onion in some ghee till translucent, then add the vegetables and cook till tender.
- Add drops of water, if the pan looks dry.
- Add the shredded chicken then sprinkle over the soup powder.
- Stir in till pasty.
- Add the milk slowly till a thick sauce forms.
- Cool completely.
- Bake the puff pastry in the meantime and prepare mashed potatoes (I boil the potatoes with a packet of stock powder and bruised garlic cloves.
- When I mash it, I use some of the stock water with butter.
- Layer a sheet of puff pastry on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 mins at 200C.
- Remove and cool slightly.
- Layer with the cooled chicken filling then layers with mashed potato.
- Sprinkle with dry parsley or nutmeg and bake at 200C / 400F until the pastry is cooked through.
- You can also use a round cookie cutter to cut circles of pastry.
- Line a muffin tin with the pastry and add the filling and mash and bake.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Caashifa