Mashed Potato Pie with chicken filling in a puff pastry casing and single servings
Ingredients for Filling
- 1 small onion chopped
- ½ red, green, and yellow peppers chopped
- 1 packet of baby corn finely sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cooked chicken breasts shredded
- 1 packet of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- Sauté the onion in some ghee till translucent, then add the vegetables and cook till tender.
- Add drops of water, if the pan looks dry.
- Add the shredded chicken then sprinkle over the soup powder.
- Stir in till pasty.
- Add the milk slowly till a thick sauce forms.
- Cool completely.
- Bake the puff pastry in the meantime and prepare mashed potatoes (I boil the potatoes with a packet of stock powder and bruised garlic cloves.
- When I mash it, I use some of the stock water with butter.
- Layer a sheet of puff pastry on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 mins at 200C.
- Remove and cool slightly.
- Layer with the cooled chicken filling then layers with mashed potato.
- Sprinkle with dry parsley or nutmeg and bake at 200C / 400F until the pastry is cooked through.
- You can also use a round cookie cutter to cut circles of pastry.
- Line a muffin tin with the pastry and add the filling and mash and bake.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Caashifa
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.