Do not say I did not warn you, but this 5 Ingredient Mayo Splenda No Calorie Sweetener Scones is super easy and then incredibly delicious.
Scones originate from the Scottish ‘bannock’, which is derived from the Gaelic for cake and made using a thin, round, flat combination of oats and wheat flour.
8 Amazing facts you didn’t know about Scones
No matter how you like to eat a scone, your trusty afternoon tea treat has a bit of a secret history buried within the clotted cream and jam center that’s really worth bringing to the surface…
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 4 tablespoons Vegan mayonnaise (*Feel free to use regular Mayonnaise, I only had Hellmann's Vegan Mayonnaise in the fridge)
- 1 cup 1% milk (**Full cream will also work, but I only stock 1% so that's what I use).
- 1 teaspoon Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (***You can use regular sugar if you prefer)
- ½ cup sharp flavored grated Cheddar cheese (****I use Armstrong Triple cheddar shredded cheese)
- Mix the flour, sweetener, and cheese.
- Mix milk and vegan mayo and add to flour, mix lightly.
- Spoon into a well-greased extra-large cupcake pan (I made 6).
- Sprinkle red pepper, paprika, or Aromat, and lastly some parsley, and then add a liberal amount of grated cheese on top.
- Bake at 200°C / 400°F for 10-12 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let them cool down and then run a knife around the edged to get them out and leave them on a wire rack to cool down.
- If not, add a liberal amount of butter and whatever other toppings and enjoy them warm with a cup of coffee.
- I had mine with some Marmite and additional cheese.
You will notice that I have modified all the ingredients to suit what I had available, as I did not want to go to the shop for any extra ingredients, so this is my own highly adapted version
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SATasty Recipes - Saffas Daily Recipes
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Amount Per Serving Calories 248Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 11mgSodium 610mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 8g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
Similar recipes on the blog to check out
Come and join us on Facebook at our two Recipe Groups and check out our Online Store
Thanks for stopping by
- If you liked this post, please share it on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. It will be awesome if you care to leave us a rating and review once you prepared this recipe. ♥
- If you’re in need of a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please do visit the shop and have a look at all those awesome Recipe eBooks.
- Amazon: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
If you from time to time do online shopping through Amazon, I will be grateful for your support using any of my links. Please take a look at any of the recipes on this blog. Either use a regular link or an image with the Buy from Amazon purple button. Thank you for your support and for using my links.