Melt in the Mouth Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup (240g) Salted Butter, room temperature
- ½ cup (60g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1½ cups (225g) all-purpose Flour
- ½ cup (60g) Cornstarch/ Maziena
- Optional ½ cup blanched almonds
- Preheat your oven to 150C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream together the soft butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sifted flour and cornstarch and mix until the dough just comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a counter dusted with powdered sugar and gently roll the dough into a long two by a two-inch log.
- Wrap the log of cookie dough in plastic wrap and allow it to firm up in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is firm slice the cookies into desired rounds.
- Place each round on your baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until just golden.
- Allow cooling slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
Bakers tip for these Melt in the Mouth Shortbread Cookies
I used 2 cups of cake flour and piped the dough on a baking tray. You can then dip it in chocolate, decorate with cashew nuts and added red glazed cherries in the center.
Prepared, tried, and tested Feriel Sonday
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I am sure you also love Shortbread cookies, as all of us do. Well, take a look around for more of these wonderful shortbread cookie recipes on the blog.
Hi, have you ever considered to come and join us at our two FB Recipe Groups: