Melt in the Mouth Shortbread Cookies are so easy and the very best to fill your cookie tins.
- 1 cup (240g) Salted Butter, room temperature
- ½ cup (60g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1½ cups (225g) all-purpose Flour
- ½ cup (60g) Cornstarch/ Maziena
- Optional ½ cup blanched almonds
- Preheat your oven to 150C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream together the soft butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sifted flour and cornstarch and mix until the dough just comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a counter dusted with powdered sugar and gently roll the dough into a long two-by-two-inch log.
- Wrap the log of cookie dough in plastic wrap and allow it to firm up in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is firm slice the cookies into desired rounds.
- Place each round on your baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until just golden.
- Allow cooling slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
Baker tip for these Melt in the Mouth Shortbread Cookies
I used 2 cups of cake flour and piped the dough on a baking tray. You can then dip it in chocolate, decorate it with cashew nuts, and added red glazed cherries in the center.
Prepared, tried, and tested Feriel Sonday
I am sure you also love Shortbread cookies, as all of us do. Well, take a look around for more of these wonderful shortbread cookie recipes on the blog.
Copyright © 2022 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.