Huevos rancheros, or “ranchers’ eggs”, is a classic Mexican breakfast. Fried eggs are nested in a bed of refried beans, sour cream, and salsa and served atop a warm tortilla.
Another Mexican Recipe to try out
Mexican Huevos Rancheros Breakfast
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings depending on size 1x
- Category: Breakfast and Brunch
- Cuisine: Mexican
Huevos rancheros, or “ranchers’ eggs”, is a classic Mexican breakfast. Fried eggs are nested in a bed of refried beans, sour cream and salsa and served atop a warm tortilla.
- 4–6 Eggs
- 3–4 Ripe Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1 Jalapeño/ Green Chillies
- Corn/Flour Tortillas (store bought)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Can Black/Red Kidney Beans
- Grated Cheese
- 1 Avocado (chopped)
- Sour Cream (topping)
- Chopped Red Onion (garnish)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- Remove skins from tomatoes and add to blender along with the onion and pepper.
- Blend till smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan, pour in the salsa and cook till it turns a deep red color.
- Drain the beans and stir them into the salsa.
- Season and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry eggs sunny side up (runny yolks).
- Set aside.
- Heat a dry nonstick pan.
- Warm tortillas on either side.
- Set aside.
- Place tortillas in a pan/on a plate.
- Spoon on the salsa, lay the eggs over it then add the tomatoes, red onion, avocados, and cheese.
- Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream and enjoy!!
* Please note that this is my take on the meal so it is made to my liking *
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 368
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 299
- Fat: 19
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 12
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 19
- Cholesterol: 288
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.