Mincemeat plus marzipan come together in a delicious Mincemeat and Marzipan Tea bread.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 113g cold butter, cut into bits
- 85g light muscovado sugar
- 85g golden marzipan, cut into small bits
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mincemeat
- 2 TBS flaked almonds
- sifted icing sugar to dust the top
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Grease a loaf tin and then line it with some baking parchment. Set aside.
- Measure the flour and butter into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and the marzipan bits.
- Beat the mincemeat and eggs together.
- Stir this into the flour mixture until it is well combined.
- Spoon into the prepared pan and level off the top.
- Sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 1 hour, until well risen and golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and lightly dust with the icing sugar whilst it is still hot.
- Allow cooling in the tin for about 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into slices to serve.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Preshana Singh