As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Come over and taste the difference of a Butter Puff Pasty Mixed Fruit Galette prepared at home, the best of the best.
Galette (from the Norman word gale, meaning “flat cake”) is a term used in French cuisine to designate various types of flat round or freeform crusty cakes, or, in the case of a Breton galette (French: Galette bretonne; Breton: Krampouezhenn gwinizh du), a pancake made with buckwheat flour usually with a savory filling. Of the cake type of galette, one notable variety is the galette des Rois (King cake) eaten on the day of Epiphany. In French Canada, the term galette is usually applied to pastries best described as large cookies.
Mixed Fruit Galette Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings depending on size 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Easy
I love the versatility of a Mixed Fruit Galette. Not only can you use whatever fruits you have on hand, but you can also customize the flavors to your liking by adding different spices and flavorings. The buttery Puff Pastry crust pairs perfectly with the sweet and tart fruits, creating a delightful combination of flavors.
- 1 sheet Butter Puff Pastry (thawed, but cold)
- 1 Medium size Fuji apple
- 1 Large Mango
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecan nuts
- 50g melted butter
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon, ±1-2 tablespoons
- 1 heaped tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Egg wash
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 12.5 ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- Open and unroll the pastry.
- Core and slice the apple into bite-size pieces, keeping the skin on.
- Peel the skin from the mango, and cut it into bite-size pieces.
- Toss fruit in a large bowl and mix with butter, lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon.
- Stack the mixture in a high heap in the centre of the pastry, leaving ± 2″ border.
- Pull the pastry border up and over the outer edge of the fruit, leaving the fruit at the centre bare and pleating the pastry as you pull it up.
- Beat the egg with a fork, add the buttermilk and mix.
- Brush the pastry as well as the fruit with the egg mixture and sprinkle with extra sugar and if you prefer some additional cinnamon.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the fruit is tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving with ice cream and if you prefer serve cold with cream.
I made this earlier this week, and it disappeared in no time. So today, I made another one, with a bit of a twist.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme (BLogger and Owner) The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes- Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 349
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 99 mg
- Fat: 22.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.4 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 59.1 mg
Keywords: Mixed fruit, Galette
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
5 thoughts on “Mixed Fruit Galette Recipe”
The pastry is cute, but the kids are adorable!
Thanks Dolly – Grandma agree with you
That looks easy, but delicious!
Super super easy and very versatile and delicious. Made 2 already and both done and dusted