As a grand finale, we decided on the Easy Made Best Ever Molasses Ginger Cookies for our Annual Traditional Chrismas Baking Session.
What makes ginger cookies crack?
Rolling the exterior of the cookie dough balls in granulated sugar will give you that shiny crackled top. Sugar draws out moisture from the exterior, creating those cracks. Also, the baking soda reacting with the molasses creates cracks.
Great ginger cookies — whether they’re snaps or soft, chewy bites — are packed with spice, molasses, and a hit of gingery heat. A backdrop of spice is a plus, but ginger should be the first thing you taste and the last flavor that lingers. The very best include ginger every which way — powdered, fresh, and even candied.
This ginger cookie is loaded with molasses and has a rich ginger flavor and is the best ever you will find. Look at the super nice cracks it formed, nothing beats a beautiful, flavorful ginger cookie dipped in sugar and full of cracks.
- Preheat oven to 350C / 175F degrees.
- Mix the granulated and demerara sugar, oil, egg, and molasses until well-combined.
- Then using a wooden spoon, mix in the remaining ingredients until all the flour is absorbed.
- The dough will seem dry at first but will come together, so do not stress about it.
- If necessary, add 1-2 tsp of water.
- Use your hands to roll the dough into 1.5-inch balls (we used a 12.5 ml measuring spoon), then roll the balls in coarse sugar.
- Place balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet (slightly, very softly flatten them as they will spread on their own as well) and bake at 350C / 175F degrees for 10 minutes.
- Please don’t overbake these cookies! Max of ONE extra minute if needed.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- They are superb and we will for sure make them again.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs and Corlea Smit of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 72
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 80
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 5
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.