Every mid-morning as a snack my mum loves to nibble on something, so I decided to make Moms Vegan Mid-Morning Polenta Sweetcorn Muffins
- ½ cup polenta.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 cup soy milk.
- 3 tbsp. castor sugar.
- 1½ tsp crushed flax seeds mixed with 2 x tbsp. hot water.
- 2 cups cake flour.
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- 2 tsp baking powder.
- 1/3 cup, melted margarine.
- 1 tin (420g) cream-style sweetcorn/ tin of plain sweetcorn.
- In a bowl, mix the polenta, ½ tsp salt, and the milk, and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Make the flax egg by mixing the crushed flax seeds with the boiling water and set aside to thicken.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and the remaining ½ tsp salt.
- In the polenta mixture, add the melted margarine and egg mixture, and give it a good stir to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix till well combined.
- Fold in the sweetcorn.
- Spoon the mixture into your muffin casings.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake at 180 C for 15 – 20 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Bobby Swanson
Most of the time she has salty cracks, but sometimes just sometimes I have a couple of minutes to spare.
During this spare time, I like to bake a muffin or a scone for her but most of the time, more times than I would like to mention, I hit a blank as to what I should bake for her.
Sometimes being a vegetarian has its disadvantages, especially in the muffin department.
I was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy of “The Joy of Vegan Baking,” by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau and there are a ton of recipes that are all up my mum’s street.
Trust me I plan to try and make every muffin recipe in that book, lol by the time I am finished with her, she will have muffins coming out of her ears or maybe a muffin top???
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.