The best of both starches – Orzo vs Rice, try this Mushroom and Parsley Orzo
I wanted to serve my children rice since they had not had it in many weeks, and then the one asked for pasta so this was perfect. The best of both starches – Orzo
- 2 Tablespoons ghee
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 3-5 garlic cloves crushed
- 200g mushrooms sliced
- A crack of Himalayan pink salt
- A crack of black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup Orzo
- 3 cups broth/stock/water
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- Heat the ghee and fry the onions and garlic till light brown.
- Add the mushrooms and cook till brown.
- Add all the seasoning and spices with 2 Tablespoons water.
- Add Orzo, stir well and cook for a minute.
- Add stock (liquid) and turn the heat down.
- Stir in the dried parsley and cook uncovered till the water has evaporated and the Orzo is tender.
- Add a small amount of water if needed to soften the pasta.
- Stir well and serve immediately.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Caashifa Adams Young