Amazing Mushroom Sweet Corn Soup with Chopped Cilantro and enjoy it with Cape seed bread
Sweet corn is a variety of maize with high sugar content. Sweet corn is the result of a naturally occurring recessive mutation in the genes that control the conversion of sugar to starch inside the endosperm of the corn kernel.
Amazing Mushroom Sweet Corn Soup
Craving something warm, hearty and full of flavor? Try our Mushroom Sweet Corn Soup! It’s a delicious blend of juicy sweet corn and earthy mushrooms that’s guaranteed to satisfy your palate.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Soups, Stews, and Chili
- Method: Easy
- Add ½ cup water and chicken to a pot.
- Add stock powder and bring to the boil, lower heat and poach the fillets till cooked.
- Remove chicken and debone and shred using two forks. (If cool enough to handle use your fingers to shred chicken). Boil the remaining water and add to the pot with the shredded chicken.
- Add the sweet corn.
- Using the can add the corn starch and liquid from the pot and mix into a paste and add to the pot.
- Add egg yolks to the can and beat slightly add some liquid from the pot into the can (to temper the eggs) and mix and pour back into the pot (This is just so you don’t dirty extra dishes).
- Add soya sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper and half the spring onion.
- Cook for about 10 minutes till it thickens.
- Beat egg whites slightly.
- Drizzle egg whites in a zig-zag motion over the back of a fork or through a big slotted spoon.
- Garnish with remaining spring onion.
Prepared and tested by Melanie from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes From Home Chefs
Why not take a look and check out the Chinese Chicken Sweet corn soup
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are super excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.