This authentic New York Baked Cheesecake and a super creamy and dreamy dessert will add a taste of New York to your coffee time.
Water Bath Baked New York Cheesecake
Indulge your taste buds with a creamy slice of New York Baked Cheesecake today! Try it now and experience the heavenly combination of rich, velvety cheesecake and a buttery graham cracker crust. Don’t wait any longer, satisfy your sweet tooth now!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Resting Time: 12 hours
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 13 hours 25 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings depending on size 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Moderate
- 1 packet of digestive biscuits crushed (can also use EET SUM MOR)
- 1/2 cup melted butter.
- 500g room temperature Cream Cheese
- 165g Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 lemon – juice only
- 1 tbsp of cornflour (also called Corn starch, maize starch)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- To prepare the springform pan, brush the bottom and sides with melted butter, and wrap it with foil, scrunching it up the sides. Get a large roasting pan that can fit the springform pan.
- Crush one packet of digestive biscuits (or EET SUM MOR) and mix it with half a cup of melted butter.
- Press the crumb mixture into the springform pan and bake for five minutes at 180C/350F.
- Allow it to cool while preparing the filling.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, salt, and vanilla essence until smooth with a whisk.
- Blend in sour cream and the lemon juice, then sift in cornflour (also called Corn starch, maize starch) and fold it in.
- Beat two eggs with one egg yolk and fold them in.
- Place the springform pan in a roasting tray and pour boiling water up the sides.
- Bake in a water bath for 50 minutes at 180C / 350F, then turn off the heat.
- Let it cool completely and chill overnight.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Corlea from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 351
- Sugar: 18.4 g
- Sodium: 531.7 mg
- Fat: 20.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.5 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 10.6 g
- Cholesterol: 270.1 mg
Keywords: new york baked cheesecake ; classic new york baked cheesecake ; best new york cheesecake recipe ; new York style cheesecake
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!