How to prepare No Yeast 4 Ingredient Bread
- 500 g regular cake or all-purpose flour *
- 2 tsp baking powder **
- 1 tsp salt
- 310 ml milk***
- Heat the oven to 210°C / 375°F
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the milk***, and bring the dough together by stirring the ingredients until the milk is mixed with flour and forms a dough.
- The easiest way to mix would be to use your hands and not a wooden spoon, as you will eventually end up using your hands anyway.
- Knead the dough briefly until the dough has a uniform consistency.
- Shape the dough into a round disc, no more than 1 to 1½” thick and deeply score the top with an X.
- *-*Sprinkle some coarse salt over the top and lightly press it into the dough. (I added this as I love coarse salt on freshly baked bread)
Bakers Notes for the next round:
- * Use self-raising flour
- ** Add an additional 1 tsp baking powder (if you prefer to use regular flour
- *** Nuke the milk, stir in the baking powder and then add to the dry ingredients.
- **** I will place it in a large cake tin and cover the top with a baking tray (to create some steam) for the first ±10 minutes and then remove and continue to bake till done. This will create an extra fluffy and lighter bread texture.
- This to my mind will all help to create a not so dense bread. There is nothing wrong with this one, although I prefer a softer bread. I love the crust and the flavor.
We invite you to come and join our two FB Recipe Groups: