I made these Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies for a group of guys doing some renovation work in our house – hence the gigantic ones!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, beat together the butter and sugars (by hand or mixer).
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat very well.
- Combine the two mixtures, then add the oats, cranberries, and chocolate chips.
- Mix until just combined.
- Divide the mixture into 12 gigantic balls or up to 24 smaller ones and flatten just slightly. Bake for 13-15 mins for the large ones (probably shorter for the smaller ones – didn’t try those).
- Cool well before serving.
I made these for a group of guys doing some renovation work in our house – hence the gigantic ones! But I ate as many as they did! These cookies are delicious and not cinnamony, which I liked. They really do taste best fresh, though. Mind you, I was more than happy to keep eating them until every crumb was gone!
Source: Giada de Laurentiis on FoodNetwork
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Corlea Smit