As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
No more store-bought for me as I can satisfy my cravings with these Bite-sized Perfectly Prepared Homemade Baked Cheese Crisps!
Why are my Oven Baked Homemade Cheese Crisps not crispy and remain soggy?
The reason why your cheese crisps are soggy is that you likely didn’t bake them long enough or let them cool long enough. Bake your cheese crisps until the cheese is fully melted and begins to turn golden brown. Let them cool long enough to harden.
Oven Baked Homemade Cheese Crisps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Resting Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 20 servings depending on size 1x
- Category: Appetizers and Snacks
- Method: Easy
Are you ready to make your very own homemade cheese crisps?
Just a few simple ingredients (Cheese and Herbs and Spices), and you’ll have the perfect snack to enjoy. Try our recipe today and you’ll be rewarded with the crunchy, cheesy goodness that can only come from homemade. Try our homemade cheese crisps today!
- 2 1/2 cups marbled cheese (1 pound block equals 2.67 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat your oven to 350F / 180C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (Do not try anything else)
- I used Cracker Barrel Slices.
- Cut sandwich slices into 4 equal-sized pieces and place them onto the parchment, a couple of inches apart.
- I only placed 12 on a tray as they spread as they bake.
- Bake for ±10 minutes or until beginning to brown around the edges, depending on your own oven.
- Leave them on the tray for ±5 minutes, to set a bit, before gently scooping them up with a plastic or metal egg-lifter and placing them on a cold surface or plate, and allow to cool completely, to finish getting crispy.
Some additional info:
- Please note that as each oven differs, you may have to bake it a little bit longer to get it nice and crispy.
- Another factor would be the amount of fat/oil in your cheese.
- Source: Saw this idea on the internet, and could not find the recipe again, so just winged it. Made it from memory from way back then, so this will not resemble the original recipe in any way shape, or form.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme (BLogger and Owner) The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 6 crisps
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 137.2 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.7 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 20.8 mg
Keywords: Baked Cheese Crisps
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
18 thoughts on “Oven Baked Homemade Cheese Crisps”
These look fab. May even try them this weekend x
Let me know what you think of it, very versatile, and can be made to your own taste
I will. WE have adrop in afternoon for my Mr’s birthday this weekend These are ideal xxxxxxx
Awesome hope it will be a hit and enjoyed
I am sure it will. It looks delish xxxxx
Yes, I have made these before, and have used sesame seeds and chia seeds instead of the cheese. Both lots very yummy, with a cold drink on a hot summer’s afternoon!
Sounds perfect, should try that next time
Mmmmm, delicious! 🙂
Thanks so much Judy
You’re welcome Esme 🙂
Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™.
🙂 🙂 🙂