Super quick and easy Oven Kebab with Avocado Dip goes perfectly with a salad. Make them on the grill or in the oven for a healthy dinner.
- 500g pure steak mince
- 1 grated red onion
- 3 slices staled bread (soaked and drained》
- 1 egg
- chopped spinach
- salt and pure black pepper
- 1 tsp Robertson’s Spice for mince
- Mix all together and drain in a colander.
- Pat a small amount of mixture in the palm of your hand
- Bake in a hot oven until golden brown.
- Serve with sweet yellow rice, tri-color noodles salad and avo dip.
Avocado Dip to accompany your Oven Kebab
Just whip up four basic ingredients in your food processor or blender.
Serve this avocado dip as a party dip with vegetables or chips, or on tacos, nachos, quesadillas and more.
Recipe yields about 1½ cups; double if necessary.
- 2 large avocados, halved and pitted
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh cilantro (some stems are okay)
- ⅓ cup lime juice (from about 2 ½ limes)
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds and pits removed, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons water, more as needed to this
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Using a spoon, scoop the flesh of the avocados into a food processor or blender.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, water, and salt.
- Process, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary, until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- If the mixture refuses to blend, add additional water in 1-tablespoon increments, as necessary.
- Should you would like a thinner, more drizzly sauce, add water in 1-tablespoon increments until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Taste, and add more salt if it’s not quite flavorful enough.
- Transfer the avocado sauce to a small serving bowl.
- This sauce keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for about 4 days.
How about you come and join us at The Recipe Hunter (Cook & Enjoy) Facebook group and share your own home-made recipes.
Either click on the link or the below image
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Prepared, tried and tested Feriel Sonday