This Penne Pasta with Herb Pesto tastes just as good as it looks.
After a lovely trip to our out-of-town nursery, I didn’t want to spend much time conjuring up a meal. So, I foraged about in the pantry and in the garden and this is what happened!
- ½ pack of penne pasta
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup sweet basil
- spring of coriander
- garlic to taste
- 2 small or one large tomato…steep in hot water to remove skin
- tablespoon roughly ground almonds
- tablespoon good olive oil
- salt and pepper to your own taste
- Whizz altogether, add oil last and blend well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Pour over the hot pasta and toss, ensuring all pasta is coated.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of feta cheese and a glass of vino in hand.
Prepared by Dee