This is my own adapted and modified version of the well-known and loved SA Peppermint Crisp Tart so I present you with a Peppermint Aero Caramel Frozen Dessert.
I used Peppermint Aero iso Peppermint Crisp as we do not get Peppermint Crisp that easily at the store here in Canada, as it’s an SA product.
Peppermint Aero Caramel Frozen Dessert
Craving a refreshing treat? Indulge in the minty, caramel goodness of Peppermint Aero Caramel Frozen Dessert. This delightful blend of cool peppermint, creamy caramel, and bubbly Aero chocolate will make your taste buds sing for more.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Freezer Time: 12 hours
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 12 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings depending on size 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: South African
- Line a small loaf pan with aluminum foil and make sure you have a large enough piece on the one end as an overhang to eventually cover the dessert entirely.
- Form and shape the foil on the outside of the pan, and then line the inside of the pan as it will fit way easier.
- Place a row of Tennis biscuits on the bottom of the pan, face down (with the pretty pattern side to the bottom).
- Whip the very well-chilled cream until stiff peaks form.
- Use a fork or spoon and ‘whip’ the caramel in the tin, to soften it slightly, and then gently fold in/mix the caramel condensed milk into the cream.
- Chop the Peppermint Aero/Peppermint Crisp and mix into the cream-caramel mixture.
- You can decide if you want a make 3 or 4 four layers of Tennis biscuits.
- Depending on your decision: For a 4 layer, you will spoon a 1/3rd of the cream mixture over the Tennis biscuit bottom and continue and end with your 4th layer of Tennis biscuits.
- Alternatively, use ½ of the mixture on the Tennis biscuit bottom, then a layer of biscuits, the next ½ of the mixture, and end with the 3rd layer of Tennis biscuits.
- Cover the loaf pan with glad wrap/clingwrap and the overhanging foil and place it in your freezer if possible, overnight is best.
- Remove from the pan, turn it upside down, and slice.
To Decorate: (Optional):
- You can melt some plain chocolate in the microwave, at 1-minute increments.
- Place the Peppermint Aero Caramel Frozen Dessert on a wire rack with some parchment paper to catch the drippings and once the chocolate is melted, distribute all of it over the top of the frozen dessert and decorate with some white chocolate or more chopped Peppermint Aero/Peppermint Crisp.
- Slice and enjoy.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs; SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes and EsmeSalon Homemade Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 228
- Sugar: 23.4 g
- Sodium: 235.2 mg
- Fat: 10.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.7 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 28.2 mg
Thank you for visiting and checking out this recipe
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be looking for your amazing recreations, and I can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
Copyright © 2024 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.